ALWAYS AT THE PEAK OF TECHNOLOGY, OUR LENSES PROVIDE OPTICAL CLARITY AND PHYSICAL PROTECTION OF THE EYE. PERFECT LINE FOR ALL THOSE WHO PRACTICE SPORTS.
WHAT IS RUDY PROJECT POLAR3FX?
Rudy Project’s new unique POLAR3FX polarized lens technology is one of the most revolutionary applications of science and optics that eliminates annoying glare and eye fatigue. After years of research and refinement, POLAR3FX was perfected by combining advanced polycarbonate technology and processes with cutting edge coatings, turning conventional thinking on its head. POLAR3FX ensures the complete and thorough elimination of glare, polarized light and harmful UV rays, and provides excellent eye protection. Its unique light absorption and molecular properties enhance contrast and depth perception while maintaining color integrity and minimizing eye strain. Perceived benefits include realized visual acuity, enhanced sharpness, reduced glare and managed polarity. But don’t take our words for it, see yourself.
DIFFUSED LIGHT AND POLARIZED LIGHT
Under extreme lighting conditions (e.g., sea and mountains) the solar radiation is characterized by direct and indirect lighting. By direct lighting we mean the strong light that is normal close to the sun (the equator, high altitude). Indirect radiation is caused by refraction in the atmosphere and reflection with the ground:
- 85% reflection on snow
- 60% reflection on water
- 17% reflection on sand
- 1% reflection on grass
In direct radiation, the waves of light circulate in all directions: this is what we mean by diffused light (1). When the light meets a refracting surface (2) it is polarized, that is, ordered in parallel planes and it is this concentration that causes indirect radiation - reflected light (3) - resulting in glare.
When light is reflected from a surface, it is partially polarized. When it is reflected at a particular angle, 53 degrees in the case of water, it is completely polarized. Whenever such light - GLARE - is viewed through a polarizer, it is completely eliminated. This glare produces eyestrain and discomfort. Tinted glass or plastic can not solve the problem of glare. Polarized filters selectively absorb the reflected glare while transmitting useful light from a scene. This overall transmittance can be adjusted to reduce brightness to a comfortable level. Undesirable effects of glare are in increase in brightness and a reduction in color saturation. This makes objects viewed in the presence of glare appear washed-out.
Simulated example from common glare conditions with and without rudy project’s polar 3fx lenses
Polarized lenses effectively block reflected glare, a situation which occurs primarily near water or snow or off reflective surfaces nearby, such as car windows, metallic objects, etc. Light which strikes a horizontal reflective surface is reflected back into your eyes. You then get a “double dose” of light energy, some of which falls directly on to you and some that is reflected on to you. Polarized lenses offer an interesting advantage: because they dramatically reduce or eliminate the reflected light energy which might account for the majority of the annoying glare, you can use a lighter tint to achieve the same (or better) degree of glare reduction and comfort compared to non-polarized dark lenses.
RUDY PROJECT’S CUTTING EDGE POLARIZED 3FX MATERIAL
- Polycarbonate injected at extraordinary pressure to maximize optical clarity and visual acuity - eliminates eye fatigue and maximizes distortion.
- Unparalleled protection - POLAR3FX polycarbonate is rugged (up to 5 times more impact resistant than standard glass).
- Multi-layered polarizing film and patented processing technology - enhanced, distortion free vision and maximum polarized glare reduction.
- Lightweight performance - significantly lighter than glass (perfect for athletes and extended wear).
- 100% UV Protection, blocks 99,9% of polarized light.
- POLAR3FX lenses are at the core of Rudy Project’s polarized platform and incorporate superior scratch resistance protection, ultimate impact resistance, and ultra lightweight comfort.
PATENTED 3FX POLARIZED MIRROR TECHNOLOGY
- POLAR3FX breaks the paradigm of conventional lens thinking with advanced mirrored coatings science and has received COLTS “Performance Certification” seal.
- POLAR3FX coatings offer.
- Advanced visual acuity, depth of field perception, chromatic partitioning.
- A mirror treatment that is easy to clean and maintain lenses at peak performance.
- Minimizes annoying staining and smudging for clean, unobstructed vision all the time.
- Highly scratch resistant.
- A unique and sophisticated fashionable look.
ADVANCED ANTI-REFLECTIVE COATING
- Rudy Project’s unique multi-layer process provides excellent visual acuity and eliminates annoying back glare that causes eye strain and eye fatigue in bright light conditions.
- Reduced hue and ambient reflection
TECHNICAL ATTITUDE SUNGLASSES EQUIPPED WITH POLAR3FX™ POLARIZED LENSES
PERFORMANCE ATTITUDE SUNGLASSES EQUIPPED WITH POLAR3FX™ POLARIZED LENSES
METAL TECHNOLOGY SUNGLASSES EQUIPPED WITH POLAR3FX™ POLARIZED LENSES